Dr. Chris Bowman is a full-time practicing dentist, speaker, author, and dental coach from Charlotte, North Carolina. A graduate of the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill School of Dentistry, he started Advanced Dentistry of Charlotte in 1996, where he currently collects among the top 5% of dentists nationally.
Dr. Bowman also serves as a Clinical Instructor for Six Month Smiles since 2011. Focal points in his private practice include elective cosmetic dentistry, esthetic restorative dentistry, Six Month Smiles adult orthodontics, aligner orthodontics, Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation, Obstructive Sleep Apnea treatment, and sedation dentistry.
In 2005 he founded Dental Insiders, which provides coaching, consulting, and training programs for dentists and dental team members. DI currently reaches over 3100 dentists domestically and internationally, at several levels ranging from E-letter subscribers to private coaching clients in his Dental Success Blueprint program.
Dr. Bowman has authored numerous articles on practice growth, communications, marketing, and internal business strategies. He has been a contributor to Dental Economics, The Profitable Dentist magazine, 1000 Gems, and several online dental publications and forums, including Dentistry IQ. He has also shared the stage internationally as a dynamic speaker with many of dentistry’s leading speakers at such events as the Yankee Dental Congress, Excellence in Dentistry’s “Spring Break” Seminar, the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics Seminar, 1000 Gems Super Seminars, Rondeau Annual Orthodontic Symposiums in Las Vegas and Toronto, and the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry’s Annual Session.
In today's episode we discuss:
- How Simple, reproducible SYSTEMS and “Dental Communications” are THE missing links to massive success in every dental practice.
- The true COST of not having “bulletproof” verbal skills!
- Why ALL team members must exhibit “friendly phone fluency”
- How to “Reel In” New Patients when they call…my simple 1-2 punch
- What to do after the call and before the appointment to virtually guarantee your new patients will show up!
- How to structure the sequencing of steps in New Patient and Hygiene appointments to maximize treatment acceptance
- Why TEAM members need to initiate discussions of dental problems with patients...to TEE UP the doctor (ladder of authority)
- Why “Case Presentation” often fails…and the secret that drives treatment acceptance like nothing else!
- Building Value vs. “Teaching How To Do It”
- Effective “Front Office” communications, including financial arrangements, scheduling, etc.
- Internal Marketing techniques that keep you “top of mind” with your patients
- Acquiring AWESOME Reviews and Testimonials…”Catch them saying something good”
- Leveraging Patient Satisfaction for Referrals
Contact Chris at Chris@dentalinsiders.com
Jason Campbell is the founder Advanced Prosthetics Institute, Center for Education of Complex Dental Issues. Their education series is focused on simplifying and demystifying treatment for patients whose problems appear complex.
Today, we discuss the benefits of finding your blue ocean for your practice. Finding a way to provide services that others are not doing in your area so that you can become the "expert".
Once this happens, you will have to ability to serve people at a higher level, and you will be able to carve out a special niche so you don't have to worry about insurance companies or corporate dentistry.
-Why Dr. Campbell decided to invest in himself to learn how to provide additional services and the impact that it made for his practice.
-Why dentists should focus on learning advanced techniques or implement unique experiences for their patients.
-The exact strategies that he used to find his blue ocean
-How you can easily learn how to treat acid erosion, bruxism, and complete full mouth rehab
Jayme Amos is a bestselling author, expert in building practices and founder of dentistry’s most popular website for opening dental offices.
Jayme Amos is the founder of www.HowToOpenADentalOffice.com where tens of thousands visit his site. His bestselling book, Practice Location is in its second edition and not only is he master at helping dentists with startups, I’m thrilled to call him my friend.
In this episode, we discuss:
-When is the right time to do a startup, and are startups for everyone
-The benefits of doing a Startup Practice versus a practice acquisition
-If location really matters, and how to know where to start your practice
-The top things that dentists need to consider before beginning this process
-The top challenges dentists face that could cost them thousands in the future
-Where dentists can go to get a good office design, and what’s the best way to find a contractor to do the buildout
-How dentists can fast track their success in the first year of their startups