On this podcast episode, I had the pleasure of interviewing Dr. Shaina Holman from Holman Family Dental Care about the power of social media and how you can use it to bring more patients to your practice each month.
Shaina is from Chapel Hill, NC and graduated from East Chapel Hill High School. She always had a passion for science, teaching, and art and knew she wanted to choose a profession that would allow her to have a significant impact on the community. While still in high school, Shaina had the opportunity to research at Duke University, which resulted in her first publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
Shaina completed her undergraduate education at Duke University, where she majored in Biological Anthropology and Anatomy and graduated with distinction. Throughout her time in college, Shaina worked in several research labs because she loved hands-on learning and applying what she learned to solve problems. Her passion for dentistry began with a project for her Ethnobiology class while studying abroad in Costa Rica. When she returned, she started the Pre-Dental Society, and the rest is history!
- Shaina’s journey through dental school and how she became a practice owner
- Getting started with Facebook marketing and using social media marketing strategies to help grow your practice
- How to use Facebook live to open up to people, draw them in and increase engagement
- Using social media to build your reputation and gain recognition within your community
- Shaina’s tips for making up to $1,000,000 in your first year
- The importance of connecting with your community and creative ways to expand your outreach and develop relationships with your patients
- The power of social media and how you can use it share your story and connect with people on a more personal level
- Why you need to think about the content you post and consider the platform’s algorithm before you hit that “publish” button
- The benefits of running Facebook ads and why you need to come up with a cohesive and effective Facebook marketing strategy
- Top tips for growing your practice through Facebook and social media marketing
- Collecting reviews for your practice and why you should start as early as possible
- How to use LocalMed to schedule appointments and reach out to people who responded to your Facebook ads
If you would like to get in touch with Dr. Shaina Holman and find out more about her and her practice, visit HolmanFDC.com or follow her on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
For more information on this episode and much more, click here.