Before working strictly in the dental industry, for the past 11 years, Weston was Co-Founder and Partner in Lunsford Peck, a successful Certiﬁed Public Accounting ﬁrm that focused on delivering strategic planning and CFO services to the business owner with the objective of improving their quality of life and strengthening the ﬁnancial position of their business. During this time he worked with hundreds of dental and medical professionals.
Weston developed an innovation technology known as Dental Intel, which successfully increases the proﬁtability and health of a dental practice. He believes the greatest achievement Dental Intel has reached is its ability to improve the quality of life for the doctor and the dental team.
In this episode, Weston and I discuss:
- the key areas that dental practices should be tracking and how often they should they be watching the trends
- how tracking key areas improve patient care
- how practices use data to improve practice performance and the value of the practice
Weston discusses how knowing what your practice is doing well can help you identify what to focus more on. He also discusses the importance of knowing your practice leaks. "Once you know which leaks you have in your practice, you can put in systems, hire a coach, or put in training to correct them."
Dental Intel integrates with your practice management software to give you real-time data about what is going on in your practice.
From the innovative dashboard, you can input the date range of your choice to discover hidden opportunities to significantly increase production.
A few of the many key areas which can be tracked are:
- Restorative/Elective Cases diagnosed and accepted
- The number and percentage of new patients who were reappointed for hygiene and accepted treatment
- The percentage of hygiene patients who are reappointed
- The number and percentage of no-shows and cancellations
Whats even better, is that you can click into each metric to get an expanded list of the patients' names, contact information, and future treatment info so that you can implement systems for in-office follow-up.
Want to know the health of your practice? Dental Intel is providing FREE practice snapshot to listeners of the podcast. ($1000.00 VALUE!) To get your FREE snapshot, go to www.practicesnapshot.com
and enter the promo code WOW